Monday, August 24, 2009

A little vintage touch.

So, everyone know we had a very "rock n roll" wedding...
and every now and then we threw in a few vintage touches...
well, a vintage style... to keep it classic....

For starters I was married in an off-white all lace dress.
As you all have seen - very classic.
And, I could have been any happier with it...
I made the bouquets both my girls and myself...
using a very classic look.
Just simple red roses in a domed shape...
tied with fabric pieces from the leftover damask fabric...
Punked up with my sparkly Converse :)

Now my absolute favorite classic touch we had...
would have to be my veil and hair piece...
A long flowing veil would have just looked silly on me...
(the bride with the mohawk wore a white veil covering her face... right)
So it was never a question that I wanted to make my own birdcage veil.
I bought 1 yard of the offwhite netting on ebay...
I bought the black rose on etsy...
and the vintage ivory rose button inside the flower came from etsy as well.
I also added some black feathers to coordinate it with my flowers.
I loved it! My total cost was about $10...
by doing it myself I saved anywhere from $50-$200...
depending on how fancy one would want...
Check them out on etsy to see more examples...
Just search "wedding fascinators"
Some of my favorite examples...
Donatella - $89.00 on etsy by Portobello
This one my YJDesign is a little more budget friendly...
but equally beautiful. Its sold at $46.50

And this one, even more so!
How cool is that...
had I seen this one before I made mine...
i probably would have bought it...
we were on a very strict budget and this would have fit in just right.
I love the way the little "tails" come up...
Its made by Brendas Bridal Veils on Etsy for $25.99.
LAstly, I WISH i would have had these for the other side to hold my veil down.
Black Peacock $18 by JannyFay
My bridesmaid Mandy helped me our by twisting it into a cool little knot...
but I had bought some buttons to glue onto bobby pins that were misplaced.
They would have added a really nice touch. But, oh well!

So thats all for today!
What do you think about these classic designers on etsy?
Which one seems to be your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment